copycat hamburger helper beef stroganoff


back before my domestic housewife, stay at home mom & too many tabs open days, hubs and I lived in a cutesy little one bedroom apartment about 25 miles from where we are now in a happening part of the metroplex. my oven cooked things way too fast & ants loved our apartment no matter if we had food or not. but I tell you this, I made more hamburger helper & box meals than I ever care to admit.  what's your favorite hamburger helper variety?

and now as a mom, I find myself trying to avoid this or that when it comes to food items, like lots of dyes and just overly processed box stuff. I can't always win, but I try when I can & when I happened about a beef stroganoff recipe I knew I had won. there is processed velveeta (i know i know) but you can totally make your own cheese sauce, but i was crunched for time.  sometimes it's the simplest things that make me happy. pair this with some veggies or a nice salad & dinner!

copycat hamburger helper beef stroganoff:

1 lb ground beef
8 ounces velveeta cheese
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 lb egg noodles
1/4 cup milk
Salt and pepper, to taste

In medium pot, bring water to a boil & cook egg noodles.  Drain when cooked and set aside.

While waiting for egg noodles to cook, brown ground beef in skillet.  Drain off fat. Season with some onion powder and salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.

In small sauce pan, cube velveeta, and heat over medium heat until it begins to melt, continually stirring.  Stir in milk, Worcestershire sauce, mince garlic, onion and salt and pepper.  Stir until completed melted.  

Pour Velveeta sauce into ground beef skillet and heat on low to keep warm.  Mix together well.  Add in egg noodles and mix well again.

Serve & enjoy! 

This was a huge favorite in our house! Ben & hubs goobled it up (as did I!) and we had plenty for hubs to take leftovers.  


No comments