coffee filter wreath


have you heard that season 2 of fixer upper is on netflix? binge watched all the episodes yet? I haven't gotten through all of them, but watched enough to get my project list to grow by a few more items.  one of these days, I will make my way down south to visit magnolia farms for a little retail therapy.  or retail wishing & dreaming.



compiling projects and ideas to make my home more of the fixer upper style is someone I thoroughly enjoy doing, plus it's always heartwarming seeing all my work completed at the end of it all.  this project was one of my favorites, because it's so affordable, so I wanted to share it on this blog so all my readers, new & old, can use it for inspiration.  for less than $5 & some on hand craft supplies you can add this cute wreath to your home decor.. dollar tree for the win y'all!

supplies:
1 foam wreath from dollar tree
1 package of white coffee filters
hot glue gun/sticks
strip of ribbon, optional for hanging
glitter spray paint, optional for finishing

plug in glue gun and allow to heat.

gather single coffee filter in the center.  apply glob of hot glue on one flat side of the foam wreath.  stick gathered coffee filter to hot glue at the center part. this will leave the "ruffled" portion of the wreath exposed.

repeat until one complete side of wreath is covered in gathered filters.  the closer together you glue then, the more ruffled the look..

then repeat gluing filter along the outside edge.of the wreath.  this makes it look fuller.  totally preference though but I prefer a fully look.

if you prefer the ribbon hanger, on the back side of wreath, glue each end of ribbon to wreath, creating loop hanger.  i use lots of additional glue to ensure its got a nice hold.

to add a nice shimmer, spray the top of your ruffles with glitter spray paint from about 6 inches away- i used rustoleum glitter spray paint in gold.

total cost of project was literally $2! i already had some scrap ribbon, glue sticks & spray paint left over from a previous project - all I purchased was the coffee filters and foam wreath.

it now resides in my dining room, hanging in the center of two sets of windows.  perfection. I plan on making another to hang on the opposing wall in between those windows as well.

cheap & perfect. plus so many possibilities.

No comments